Tuesday, August 9, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Twenty One; Tuesday...

Well, what do you call a mama and two baby skunks crossing the road? A trip? A charm? A knot? A clutch? A troop? A host? A harras? A bouquet? A school? A litter? A covey? A pride? A herd? A gaggle? For the answer, scroll down to the bottom of this entry!

So, even though this is most likely the WORST photograph I have ever posted, this is what I encountered on my way to work this morning, just a little ways away from the house. A pretty little mama skunk and two little baby skunks. I parked the car, and got out and tried to decide exactly how close I could get to these guys. I did not get too close, but I did get this really poor photograph. And off they waddled into the corn field next to the road. Interesting.

I have decided that, if I were not totally happy with the life I am already living, I would want to be a story teller. I like telling stories, so that is what I would want to do. Telling stories is interesting and fun and every now and then I have an opportunity to share some of the experiences I have had in my life!

I have come to the conclusion that the hotter it gets outside and the longer it stays hot, the less patience EVERYONE has with ANYONE else. I have to tell you, customer service (not mine of course) has degenerated to new lows. I have (today) had challenges with banking institutions AND the USPS, both are pretty LARGE bureaucratic based organizations, and really, there is no way to get either one of them to bend to the needs of the consumer. Even if all I really want them to do is what they advertise. Like picking up the mail (our out-going mail has not been picked up since August 1st). Or posting payments to accounts within their same institution.

We have ways of dealing with people like that,and I am available for consultations.

The answer to the question; what do you call a group of skunks? A surfeit!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SURFEITS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment