Thursday, August 11, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Twenty Three; Thursday...

So, it was another cool day in central Texas again today, the high temperature was only 104 degrees. SO, that means (sine this was something like our 56th day this year with temperatures over 100 degrees) that about 26% of the year has seen temperatures over 100 degrees. Over a quarter of the year has been EXTREMELY HOT, and we have had (almost) no rain.

The day started out extremely cloudy which I think kept the temperatures kind of on the temperate side. A really nice day though. I had my Meals-On-Wheels delivery day today, and that is always a nice diversion for me. Two of my regulars were not on my route today, one was a planned absence and the other just was not at home. In extreme weather like we have been having, that is always kind of a concern. Hopefully, everything is okay.

The chickens are developing new (bad) habits. Okay, let me rephrase that. The chickens are training me and bending my actions to their wills. They have convinced me that I should give them a little bit of chicken feed outside the coop when I am checking on the baby chicks. Everyone is happy! This is a pretty big day in the (short) lives of the baby chicks. They are (I think) eight weeks old today, and this weekend will be their test out into the real (scary) world. I m hoping that they will have good instincts and know to be cautious. We shall see how that goes. I hope Saturday evening finds us with a total of eleven chickens. Keep your fingers crossed.

About fifty miles away from us, in Marble Falls, Texas, there was rain this afternoon. At least that is what they reported on the news earlier this evening. AND, they showed film of the phenomenon just to remind us of what it looks like (and sounds like) when water falls from the sky. We had more clouds this afternoon, but they were pretty darned useless, unless of course, you consider the loveliness factor of just looking at the clouds. Enjoy yourself!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LOOSE CHICKENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment