Thursday, December 6, 2012

2012 - Day 341/25 - Thursday...

WOW, what a day!  My first appointment was at 7 o'clock this morning to learn about the results of the Austin Empty Bowl Project.  The Project is an annual function that is held on the Sunday before Thanksgiving each year, the proceeds of which benefit the Capital Area Food Bank and (this is the first year)  this year it also benefits Meals-On-Wheels.  I won't give away any of the details of this years results, but both of the beneficiaries should be pleased.  We also started planning for nest years event, so we are getting that bowl rolling.

At nine o'clock (approximately) we had a PM meeting (in the am).  Every Thursday at 9 o'clock in the morning  Ordinarily I would have delivered my Meals-On-Wheels route this morning as well, but there was another function that I needed to attend, the Installation of the incoming Board of Directors for the Austin Chapter of the Women's Council of Realtors®.  It was a very nice event at the Austin Country Club, and our agent Chris Rodriguez (notice I am using last names today, this is definitely an exception to the rule) was Installed as the 2013 President.  Our agent Ruby Johnson was Installed as the Secretary of the organization. Ruby was also honored as the 2012 Realtor® of the Year of the Austin Chapter.  I was the Master of Ceremonies for the event, and it was a LOT of fun!  I was also honored to be named the 2012 Entrepreneur of the Year, and I was pretty darned surprised about that.  Our company was also recognized as a major sponsor of the event.  Overall, it is really great to see an organization that supports the efforts of women in business, whether it is a real estate business or affiliate members.  A very worthwhile group to be associated with, and congratulations to everyone involved with them.

I headed back to the office and did some power real estate, and left the office about ten minutes past three to go to my dental appointment in Georgetown at 4 o'clock.  Only a distance of 35 miles to be covered in 50 minutes.  Remarkable, I pulled into the dentist offices parking lot with three minutes to spare.  Jody had a 3 o'clock appointment, and he was just pulling out as I was pulling in.

Tomorrow is not such an early day, but it will be a much LATER day.  Tomorrow is the Installation of the Austin Board of Realtors® Board of Directors.  I will start my fourth year on the Board tomorrow, and I will be installed at Chairman Elect.  Scary, Exciting, Awe Inspiring, Rewarding, Fulfilling, Demanding, Difficult, Rewarding (worth mentioning twice) and Educational.  I will think of more, but I hope you get the point.  I love working for the betterment of our membership.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HUMBLING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment