Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 - Day 362/4 - Thursday...

It seems really odd to be writing that there are only four days left in this year.  I started this blog ALMOST four years ago.  On January first I will begin the fifth year of this journal, and have not missed a day.  I can remember VERY clearly the days leading up to this journal, and I thought I would do it for one year (hence the site 365daysofbill.com), but I just kept going.  Now I am thinking about cutting back, but how do you cut back?  I think it is kind of like going to the gym, if I miss one day, then it is over.  If I have one cigarette, I will be back to two-packs-a-day.  Interesting...I think I should save further comments for later in the year...

I took Jody to an appointment this morning, he had a lasik type procedure done at Seton on 38th Street.  While I was waiting on him (actually we were in and out in no time), I found several photo opportunities, but none of them really intrigued me like this one.  In the room where they did his pre-procedure stuff (and where I waited while they did the procedure), I was sitting next to this door with a lock on it and a key (I assumed it was a key to the lock in the door) screwed and tethered to the wall next to the door.  When everything was over and they came in to ask if either one of us had any questions, I raised my hand.  Of course I did.  My question was, is that door locked, and if it is, why is the key right next to it.  I had no idea what was behind the door (I swear), but I thought it was a good question.  Come to find out, it was the door to a shared restroom with the pre-procedure room next door and if someone went in the restroom, locked both of the doors and then had a heart attack (I am not making this up) the key is there so they don't have to break down the door to get the victim out of the restroom.  Honestly, I would assume that is someone was on the verge of having a heart attack, they should be hooked up to a catheter or something, not walking around willy-nilly and locking themselves in the restroom.  That make better sense to me than screwing the key to the lock to the wall next to the door.

But remember, we are (allegedly) smarter than cows, but I don't know of any cows that have locked themselves in a restroom and then fell victim to cardiac irregularities.  Then again, I am not sure I have ever heard of a cow having a heart attack EVER, let alone while locked in a restroom in a hospital.  Maybe they know something we should pay attention to.  DIET?

Whatever...

Oh, but the more important information in all of this is that Jody is doing just fine, reports that his eyesight is much improved, and it was painless and instantaneous.

After I got Jody home, I did a couple chores around the house and then I headed off to a dental appointment.  I have been having trouble with one of my crowns (it had decided to fall out twice in the last year, never at an opportune time, ALWAYS while I was eating in a public place and ALWAYS with friends and/or colleagues).  So today was the day to have a pre-procedure for a new crown.  I would honestly rather have a root canal than to have a root canal.  I would even consider voting for the opposing party if I could be guaranteed no dental issues for the next four years.  I am not a good dental patient.  I do however, have a really good dentist, and I was in and out of there in just a little bit over an hour, no pain (still) and lots of gain.  Now in a couple weeks I will go back and be the proud owner of YET ANOTHER dental appliance in me head.  Whatever...

Tomorrow I will be back to work for one last (maybe) day this year.  Honestly, I expect I will go into the office on Monday, but you never know.  We will see.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HEART ATTACKS WHILE HAVING LUNCH IN PUBLIC PLACES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment