Sunday, December 23, 2012

2012 - Day 358/8 - Sunday...

Just a little over a week and this year will be toast!

This was a pretty busy day.  Stayed in bed a little later than usual (for a weekend) and read the paper and made me and Jody a pile of eggs.  I got outside and got the cattle fed (first I walked some of the fence line and found a spot that was shorting out), and before I took the second bale of hay out Miguel was here to help me out.  Between the two of us (mostly Miguel) we got the cattle fed, the fence line fixed, cut back a lot of the plants that were hit by the last couple of frosts, cleaned the chicken coop, cleaned the stove out and are pretty much ready for the next cold spell, which is expected to arrive on Christmas night.

In between times, Jody and I went into Thorndale to pick up pies that we had ordered, and then came home to get started getting ready to go into Austin for dinner with friends Michael, Lynda, Josh, MaryAnne and Madeline.  Nice times together and good visits.

Tomorrow will be another day, I don't care what the Mayans say.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, VISITS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment