Saturday, December 1, 2012

2012 - Day 336/30 - Saturday...

TODAY IS WORLD AIDS DAY.  PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO REFLECT.

I forgot to mention yesterday that the electricians came (several days) early to change out all of our smoke alarms.  They were supposed to arrive on Monday, but they showed up (unannounced) and got the job done in less than an hour.  SO, all is well so far, and I hope the old ones were just tired and whiney.  They say that after about eight years, you need to have them replaced.  Or is that mattresses?  I think probably everything needs to be replaced after eight years.

The morning glories are still struggling to survive, and the lack of rain does not help anything out here.  You can water artificially all you want, it does not take the place of natural rain.  I think the plants know the difference.  All the grasses are going dormant, but the winter wheat crops all around are greening up nicely, even though there has been just under an inch of rain here in November.  Austin recorded NO RAIN for the month, and the last time that happened was in 1897.  Of course, there is no global warming or anything like that going on.

I did very little today, and that was good.  I got most everything done that REALLY needed to be done last weekend.  Tomorrow I have a few things on my list, but it won't take long to get it all done.

Jody and I did go into Round Rock and Georgetown this afternoon, traffic was really bad going south and there was absolutely NO REASON for it the best we could tell.  Just more traffic than the system could accommodate.  LOTS OF CARS AND TRUCKS.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TRAFFIC, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment