Friday, November 30, 2012

2012 - Day 335/31 - Friday...

Yep, it is Friday once again, and I love that.  Not only that, it is also the last day of November.  That is scary.  Soon this year will be over, and we will wonder where this one went.  It seems like only yesterday we were worrying about Y2K.  Does anyone remember that?

Here is the secret picture of the day.  This was a nice little field trip with a few colleagues of mine.  Kind of TOP-SECRET stuff, so I am not going to tell you much about it.  BUT, there are lots more where this one came from.  Following this top-secret rendezvous, we all went and had a nice luncheon, although there were some challenges because (since the first part was top-secret, the 'leaders' of the group seemed to be directionally challenged) we drove for (what seemed like hours) around and around to keep anyone from following us.  Even the lunch place was top-secret.  NO DOORS!  There was some kind of secret pass-word kind of thing and suddenly the place opened to us like a mirage in the desert.  Okay we were still in Austin (I think) but it was interesting.  Kind of like a drug deal in Jamaica, but that is another story.  Ask me if you have five or ten minutes to kill.

Here is another reason that Austin traffic has a few problems.  Not only are there totally TOO MANY cars on the roads, there are too many FREAKS on the road as well.  I stayed behind these people for several miles while they carried on their conversations, and it did not get any better.  Speaking of texting while you are driving, is it only texting that is banned?  SO that means it is okay to play Words with Friends, and it is okay to check and answer my e-mails, as long as I am not texting one of you?  How about editing photos on my phone?  Is that okay?  That does not involve any texting.  And looking up agents names in the data base, what about that?  Checking listings on one of the iPhone apps?  That does not involve texting.  I don't think I am as big of a criminal as I thought I was.  There seem to be all kinds of things that I can do while not paying attention to my driving that are perfectly legal and within the law.  What do you think?

Okay, one last thought before I call it a night.  This one is for Emily.  News of my obsessive compulsive tendencies is not really 'news' to most of you, but when I get home each night, I have certain rituals I must perform.  Checking meters is one of them, and tonight I got home before dark, and as usual, many of the girls come running, mainly because they are nosy, not because they have any real fondness for me.  HOWEVER, some of the girls are friendlier than others, and these two in the foreground are two of the original girls.  They will be going on four next year (Vera appeared after I was going back to the car), and that is pretty good (I think) for farm chickens.  The chickens are pretty tame, but they are not stupid.  When they are in large open expanses of land, they do not waste any time finding cover of some sort.  ANYWAY, I just wanted to share this photo for Emily.  I put the girls to bed after it got darker, and they were very surprised to get good night wishes from you.  They said to tell you 'Good Night, Emily'.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD NIGHT GIRLS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment: