Saturday, November 3, 2012

2012 - Day 308/58 - Saturday...

I can tell you for sure, looks can be deceiving.  I thought I was going to get a LOT of hay from this third cutting, but we ended up with only 19 bales.  Relatively speaking, those 19 bales will possibly be the most expensive bales of hay in the history of hay bales as well.  Between the expense of fertilizing several months ago and then the cutting, raking and baling, it is some pricey cow feed.  In all honesty, I think it would have been (okay I KNOW it would have been) a better yield if we would have had even a little bit better rainfall.  BUT, I guess it was just not meant to be.  Not this year anyway, and the promised El Nino affect has yet to prove itself.

I did go early this morning to Georgetown and retrieve the Mule.  AND I have driven it a couple times AND so far it has not stalled out on me.  I am, however, now running PREMIUM grade gasoline in it AND putting Stabil (a gasoline additive) in the gasoline as well.  I am still a little bit skittish about it, but we will wait and see how it does.  In the meantime, I will just think god thoughts about it, and hope it will continue to run.

It actually does look like we could get a little bit of rain today, and while I was out talking to Hubert a little while ago I saw some lightning off in the east.  There are some really lovely clouds rolling in, and as I look out the window right now there is one particularly dark one making its presence known.

Speaking of 'its', a friend of mine (if you are reading this, this is a shout out to you Jill), I always try to be very careful of 'it's' and 'its' and 'its'', so if you (that really means anyone, not just Jill) find I am mis-using a particular 'its' at some point, please feel free to point it out.  I was never really that good a diagramming a sentence, so I apologize in advance!

I think we are heading out to dinner this evening, so I wanted to get this post out early.  Have a good evening.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EXPENSIVE HAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment