Saturday, November 10, 2012

2012 -Day 315/51 - Saturday...

Well, this is just perfect!

Still in Orlando, attending more meetings and meeting up with lots of folks I know.  I was having a late lunch this afternoon with Cathy and Leonard and my ornery crown came off again.  I already have an appointment in December for a cleaning, and I was going to get the process started to have the crown replaced, but I guess I will get that started a little earlier than expected.  Actually, if I get my way, I will just try to get the dentist to cement the crown back on, and I will get the process started in January.  Not sure how much free time I will have between now and then.  BUT, I could get it worked in after the middle of December.  Time till tell.  This is a photo of Cathy and me after the event.  You can't really tell the crown is gone, not even while I am talking too much.  Just no smiling, plus I am super-self-conscious about it, so maybe I can learn to just keep my mouth shut.  Maybe not.  No pain, nothing like that, I just have to avoid smiling.  That should not be too much of a problem.  Again, we shall see...

When is the last time you saw a pay phone (not one in an antique shop or a museum) and especially one that is still functioning?  I was on my way from the Hotel to the Convention Center this afternoon when I walked past this alcove with a couple of house phones and a couple pay phones.  I walked past it and then the realization hit me about what I had just seen.  I turned around and took a photo for documentation, and here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Tomorrow evening will finish my meetings for this go-round, and then I will head back to Austin on Monday morning.  The NAR Conventions are always great, and there is a lot of knowledge shared for the members; not only education classes, but lots of information sharing about governmental issues and issues pertinent for maintaining association relevance and forward thinking leadership training.  Always a worthwhile thing to do.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DENTAL CROWNS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment