Sunday, November 25, 2012

2012 - Day 330/36 - Sunday...

Every single thing on my To-Done list is crossed out (the To-Done list for the house, not for work).  AND MORE!  Today was a really good day as far as getting things done around the house was concerned.  In large part, this accomplishment was due to Miguel coming out and helping.

I got the rest of the dead bamboo cleared out, PLUS I got a lot of stuff cleared around trees (wisteria, vines of various descriptions, weeds).  Things are looking much better.  We got one LARGE stump uprooted from between the house and the front barn.  We also got the tree that fell over (into another tree) removed and cut up for firewood.  Another dead tree that was looking like a candidate for totem-poleness was removed and NOT cut up for firewood.  It is now in residence in one of the back pastures waiting for a windless day when there is no burn ban.  I found this little bottle with just its' neck sticking up above ground.  It is really kind of iridescent and really pretty.

Miguel also found the chain that has been missing for about six weeks.  It was just laying in the grass back in one of the pastures.  It is a REALLY GOOD strong chain, so I am glad that it has reappeared.  It is amazing how many occasions come up that require a good chain.  Interesting.

As the evening approached, two of the original girls were very interested in what I was doing, and they decided to pose for the camera.  These girls are going to be four next year, and in my opinion, that is pretty darned old for house chickens.  Next year I think I am going to get some exotic chickens (mail order) and some guinea hens.  The guineas will not need to be cooped, I understand that they will roost in the trees.  I also understand that they will keep grasshopper and snake populations in check.  Time will tell.  I wonder if they will be in competition for general grazing by the chickens.  I expect so

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD DAYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment