Friday, November 23, 2012

2012 - Day 328/38 - Friday...

Black Friday that is...Black Gold...Texas Tea...

Well, we did out part, and it took hours, and we only hit one store...  I have been having problems with the Mule, and it has been in and out of the shop for the past six or seven months.  The last time it was in the shop, they kept it for three weeks, did a few things to it, did not charge me for any of the repairs, and declared that there was nothing wrong with it.  Except that it will not run, not go forward, not go backwards, it just won't.  But there is/was nothing wrong with it.  SO, today we took it in and traded it for a shiny new Polaris Ranger Diesel.  So far, so good, but I am still in a little bit of shock.  But, it runs nicely, and hopefully it will continue to do that.  That is the plan, anyway!

Early this morning (after we had decided to trade in the Mule) I drove back to hitch the trailer up to the truck, and lo-and-behold there was another new calf.  I originally thought it was a Mimi calf but upon closer inspection (and taking the new vehicle back for a test run) we realized the calf belongs to Violet.  Violet was our first born, and this will be her third calf.  He (I am pretty sure it is a bull calf) is almost identical to the calf that Orchid had last week, except Orchid's calf has a little bitty white dot on the left side of her forehead.  Here is a photo of mother and child.  I expect (cannot be 100% sure) he was born yesterday (Thanksgiving Day) so I am thinking about naming him Tom.  Or Gobbler.  Drumstick?  How about Cranberry Sauce?  Maybe Giblets?  Give it your best shot and let me know.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CALVES OUT THE KAZOO, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment