Tuesday, November 6, 2012

2012 - Day 311/55 - Tuesday...

Beginning immediately, I am going to make a concerted effort to quit grunting (and/or groaning, take your pick) whenever I sit down or (try to) stand up.  It was brought to my attention last week during our retreat (by a much younger person than myself) that she used to think it was kind of funny when she was (even) younger that OLD PEOPLE would grunt and groan when they sat down.  She made that remark after hearing me do that, but said that she understood it because she now catches herself doing the same thing.  BUT, starting today, starting now, I am going to try to quit.  It worked when I decided to quit biting my fingernails, it worked when I quit smoking, it worked (several times) when I decided I needed to lose weight.  This should work equally as well.  We shall see...

I was walking down the sidewalk in front of our office today, minding my own business, when I spied a passel of pennies at the corner on the sidewalk.  Why do you think someone chose this corner of this sidewalk to abandon a bunch of pennies.  I have not counted them, and I would bet that if I go back down there in the morning, I could probably find more pennies in the grass that I overlooked during the initial rescue.  I am not above picking up pennies, thank you very much.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GRUNTING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment