Friday, November 9, 2012

2012 - Day 314/52 - Friday...

Yes indeed it is Friday, and I really do need a weekend!  BUT, I am not going to get that until next week.

Still in Orlando.  Today was a day of education and governmental sessions, along with a couple missed sessions because I was in the wrong place.  Disregard the fact that the STAFF of the wrong places told me I was in the right place, I found that the staff of the wrong places were not even sure where they were, so they had no business telling me I was in the right place when they were obviously in the wrong place.  Had I been told I was in the wrong place, I could have made my way to the right place, but instead, I wandered around in the wrong place (along with several other people thinking we could wander the desert for years to come) until I finally admitted defeat and went to the bar.

Whatever...

Tonight's function was the Realtors® Night Out at Universal's Islands of Adventure.  The place was open for our colleagues only, and even with that, the place was packed.  I hung out with several Austin friends, and we had a great time.  No matter the gender, there was a lot of screaming like a bunch of girls going on, as some of THEM (not me) went on various roller coaster type rides and another one that (in very small print) even afforded the riders to have a little bit of a shower.  And it is kind of chilly here, unseasonably chilly in fact.

This is a picture of me along with a Dr. Seuss character along the route.

The highlight of the evening was the Harry Potter Island.  It was pretty darned interesting, and included more girl-like screaming.  There were interesting little shops that were selling a variety of Harry Potter stuff, including candies and magic wands.  Cool, but I resisted.  The one ride I did go on was like a roller coaster ride, even though it was all done with animation and special effects.  It was like you were flying around with Harry Potter and it was pretty darned cool.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, INTERESTING STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment