Friday, December 21, 2012

2012 - Day 356/10 - Friday...

Well, what the hell?

This was a pretty good day.  I made it into the office with a few minutes to get a couple things accomplished before I headed off to my 8 o'clock meeting.  I was back in the office by about 9:30.  I got lots of work done, and then headed off to do some fooling around.

Fooling around Number 1.  Chris and I headed off to the Capitol (I hope it is the with the 'o', I think the reference to the city is with an 'a').  There had been some sort of student tuba performance, most likely in the rotunda, but they were all on the west side of the building taking photos and having fun.  We got inside and had a nice time looking around, and I headed off the the gift shop where I had some business to tend to.  In addition to a couple other things, I found a nice money clip, which unfortunately left me with no money to clip, but there is always next year.  I like walking around the Capitol.  I can remember when I first moved here, you could drive onto the grounds, and you could go inside the building at any time, day or night, and you would maybe see a few other folks, but really no security guards or Troopers.  It was a much simpler time back in 1985.

After we left the Capitol, we decided to have some lunch, so we went to Franks.  It is a relatively new restaurant in the warehouse district, I think it opened a couple years ago.  You would recognize it from a couple national commercials that it has been in.  I am a lover of all things wiener like, so it was the perfect lunch spot.  I had the chili-cheese dog and we shared an order of waffle fries.  The Frankfurter was very good, but the fries were cold and not good.  As a purely piece of constructive criticism, I share that the best things about the fries was the ketchup, and she made a really big deal about it.  That was not the intent, but we did walk away with a $10 gift certificate.  We were not even asking that the cost be removed from the check, just that the fries were not good.  The waitress (and the the manager) explained that if a menu item was not up to par, they would correct it.  I had to confess, I was not familiar with their par, so I was not really that good of a judge.  Maybe they were up to par, but my par might be a little higher than their par, who knows?  There should also be some kind of editorial comment made about this accompanying photograph, but I have been rendered editorial-less by the display, so I will leave it up to you for your comments.  It is not however, enough for me to even consider a life as a vegan.  I' just sayin...

Whatever.

I see this blog taking a turn towards restaurant criticism.  Hmmm...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRITIQUES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment