Monday, December 10, 2012

2012 - Day 345/21 - Monday...

I Instructed a great class at the Austin Board of Realtors® this morning.  Thirty or so of our colleagues sharing information about Realtor® Ethics.  FUN!

Overall, living in the country and doing country things is really pleasant, enjoyable and calming.  One of my least favorite things is getting prepared for freezing temperatures.  When it is hot outside, I can take off clothes, get wet, any number of things to make myself THINK I am cooler.  When it is cold, I cannot always put on enough clothing to give myself the illusion of warmth.  AND, when it gets below freezing and stays there for any length of time, there are things you have to do.  Like turn the water off to the troughs out in the pastures and hope nothing freezes and becomes a problem.  The water in the troughs will freeze (most likely)  but you really do not want the water pipes freezing and bursting.  Not good.  SO, I go out and turn the water to the troughs off well after dark (hoping the cattle have had a last drink before going to bed, because it might be several hours into the next day before the troughs will thaw and they can get water.  Maybe I worry too much, but that is just me.  OCD.  Even with cattle.  My neighbor Randy will come over to the house during the day tomorrow and break up the ice and check on things for me, since I will be leaving before daylight to go into Austin.  Thanks Randy!

Since we have continued with temperatures in the 80's (as recently as yesterday) and expect to see temperatures again in the 80's (as early as Friday) the fauna in the area are totally confused.  We have roses blooming, cannas blooming, Iris blooming and any number of other plants blooming.  Beginning tomorrow, the only things that will be blooming are the WEEDS.  I have a love/hate relationship with weeds.  Mostly HATE.  But I digress.  Jody went out this evening and cut some of the Iris and put them in water in the kitchen.  No sense in just letting them freeze when we can enjoy them inside the house for several more days.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FREEZING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment