Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 - Day 366/0 - Monday...

Well, this is it, the end of this year.  It seems like it just started, although I really cannot remember the same day a year ago.  Here's to a tip of the hat, and a toast to all of you for wonderful things in the New Year.  Be careful about the resolutions you make, they just beg to be broken.  I have made a couple resolutions for the New Year, but for now I will just keep them to myself, thank you very much...

By the time I got out of the bed this morning, we had about 0.04" of rain during the overnight.  As of the last time I looked this afternoon, we had about 0.15" since 7 o'clock this morning, and unfortunately, it looks like it will be tapering off overnight.

When I was a little kid, I can remember my dad telling me that if I had money in my pocket on New Year's Eve, I would have money in my pocket all year long.  Remember to ask me about my Aunt Electa and her reading my palm years and years ago.  My Aunt Electa was the Society Columnist AND the Horoscope Lady for the Delta Democrat Times in (I think) Greenville, Mississippi under Hodding Carter, III.  She was a wonderful woman and a talented artist and story teller, predicter of the future and all around eccentric personality in a time when people like her were under appreciated.

On my way back home from the office this afternoon, I was delayed by a wreck on the Interstate that spanned about two miles...it was the wreck that just kept going and going and going.  I like the impressionistic things that rain does to images photographed through my windshield.  One of my (many) favorite things.

SO, please know that I am and expect to remain the luckiest man in the world throughout 2013.  I am happy to know you, and will do my best to make a positive impression on people I have not yet had the good fortune to meet.  I will also be there for you if you need me, and I will do my best to say yes.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAPPY NEW YEAR, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment