Sunday, May 5, 2013

2013 - Day 125/240 - Sunday...

Well, it was a busy and fun (ultimately) day.  I got up about 5:30 and read the paper and had my morning coffee.  I had some more work to get done, and everything was finished by about 11:40 AM.  Jody and I were having our traditional spring soiree today, and it could not have been a more beautiful day for it.  You could not have ordered a better day.  When our first guests started arriving, it was still a little nippy sitting on the front porch.  Out in the back where the sun was more accessible, it was just great.  I even have a little bit of color on my face!

The last guests left about 5 o'clock, so everything was great.  Calm, cool, everybody just chilled.  It was kid friendly, so little ones were enchanted with the chickens and the cows and lots of new stuff to look at.  Even some of the big kids were happy to mess with the chicks and cattle.  Thanks for taking this picture Chris, I like it a lot!

On a sad note, when I went back out to check on the chicks after everyone had left, my little chick with the bad beak (Fancy) was dead.  She had been looking withdrawn and more feeble in the last couple days, and I really noticed that she was not doing too well earlier this afternoon.  She has gone on to her reward in chicken heaven, where she now has the best beak of all the chickens. 

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FANCY CHICKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment