Wednesday, May 15, 2013

2013 - Day 135/230 - Wednesday...

Well, when I woke up this morning I had planned on just an ordinary, everyday journal entry for today, but then I remembered I was in our nation's capitol, so what the hell...  There are some things that you just cannot (I think) see anywhere else but here, and I NEED to have a photographic record of those things.

I was up early this morning for a 7 o'clock meeting (seems like days ago) and it was pretty interesting.  All about the key points we need to make to our elected officials; keeping the mortgage interest deduction, preserving the purpose of the FHA program and restructuring Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and encouraging the return of private capital mortgage financing.  And then we were off to the Hill to lobby!

It was a really long day, but we made time for lunch in the Rayburn Office Building cafeteria.  I have ALWAYS been a big fan of pocket protectors, but I think I found the holy grail of pocket protectors here.  There was some question in the beginning as to whether the wearer of this pocket protector was a man or a woman, but it ended up being a woman, a very vocal, opinionated (but very nice) woman.

We made it back to our respective Hotels about 6 o'clock, and then we were headed to dinner at about 8 o'clock.  We had dinner tonight at the only walrus restaurant in DC.  WALRUSES ARE US, and I had their signature baked walrus patties.  Really, after enough Merlot, you really don't pay any attention to the random whisker and (I swear to God) it tastes like chicken!

Time for bed!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, POCKET PROTECTORS AND WALRI, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment