Saturday, May 25, 2013

2013 - Day 145/220 - Saturday...

We had a little over an inch and a half in the gauge this morning, and about another tenth of an inch since then.  We are happy for the rain but of course we cannot go without complaining; now it is humid and sauna-like outside, so we can always come up with something to be unhappy about.  At least we are not experiencing floods like they have in San Antonio, they received over ten inches of rain in the past 24 hours or so.

It was pretty much a day of rest.  It did drizzle for most of the day, and I slept through most of it.  That was great.  Jody and I did go out for lunch (Schlotzsky's) and that was good.  There were naps before and after lunch, and dinner was some chips and hummus followed by pop-sicles.  A pretty balanced meals containing several of the food groups; beige, red, orange and brown.  I think everything was pretty well covered.

I did go out and commune with the chickens late this afternoon.  It is interesting to watch them, they think both Jody and I are the pied pipers.  I am not sure if they know we are two different people, or if they think they should just run out and mingle with whoever it is that comes out their way.  The one crested polish in particular is really getting to be my second best girl, I will try to post a proper photo of her tomorrow.  In the meantime, this is one of the newest girls eating out of the palm of my hand.  Really, baby chicks are TOO easy!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MORE RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment