Monday, May 13, 2013

2013 - Day 133/232 - Monday...

I cannot really remember the last time I just sat somewhere and laughed and laughed and laughed.  Well, actually I can remember the last time, I just can't remember the last time before that.  The last time I laughed and laughed and laughed was today, it started about 5:45 and lasted until about 7, when we were told to 'shut up' by a tour bus driver.  Well, that really did not stop us, but it did send us into 'covert' laughing.  I got into Washington about 5 o'clock and was supposed to meet up with Shannon and Emily at the Shoreham, and from the minute I walked into the bar and sat down, we were laughing like three idiots.  And is did not stop for a while.  It was fun, you should try it, and I should do it more often!  This is a picture of Shannon and Emily taken at the Lincoln Memorial looking back to the Washington Monument.

Overall it was a great day, I made it into the office pretty early, did some power real estate, went by the bank, got stuck in a road construction traffic jam on the way to the airport, made it to the airport in plenty of time for my flight, almost slid down the steps of the shuttle at the airport, slept most of the way to Washington from Austin, became embarrassed because my new suitcase is bigger than I am (practically), met up with Shannon and Emily, took a cab to Grand Central Station, got shushed by a tour bus driver (who was THAT CLOSE to graduating from an Ivy League school), barely escaped being arrested and spending a night (or two) in jail for bribing a governmental official (I just wanted to sit on Abe's lap), hailed a cab from Grand Central back to the Hotels (driven by a former Mortgage Broker) and now I am happily ensconced with Jelly Beans and a diet soda.

How could the day have been improved upon?  I don't think it could have been.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ADVENTURES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment