Sunday, May 12, 2013

2013 - Day 132/233 - Sunday...

I almost walked right past these cactus blossoms without even paying attention to them.  They are really quite beautiful, and we should have hundreds of blooms before the season is over.  These are the first I have seen this year, usually I see others blooming before I notice ours, but not this year.

Today was a great day unless you were a chicken.  Miguel and I (okay mostly Miguel) remodeled the chicken coop, much to some of their dismay.  In the middle of all the banging and building, one of the red girls decided she just HAD to get into her nesting box, and I guess when the urge hits, you just have to answer the call.  That was pretty much how it was for most of the day, chickens coming and going and investigating and poking their beaks into things that were none of their business.  Whatever.

That was the major accomplishment of the day, and it turned out very nicely.  We also got the cattle fed, found a short in the electric fence, got some grass trimmed, finished putting some stones around one of the front beds, lots of this and that.

I am in the middle of packing for my trip to Washington, DC.  The BIG suitcase I just bought is exactly that, or maybe it is just HUGE, because I think I have just about everything packed and I still have more than half of the space available.  It will get a little bit closer to full before I leave tomorrow.  It will be great for winter trips, though, with plenty of room for heavy coats and things.

Another Whatever!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLOSSOMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment