Sunday, May 26, 2013

2013 - Day 146/219 - Sunday...

As is typical on a Sunday on the edge of nowhere, it was a day of chores.  Cattle fed, chicken coop cleaned, lots of grass cut (more to do tomorrow), along with just some these and those that come up from day to day.  Pick up limbs that have fallen, pull weeds, clean the skimmer in the pool, sweep the porch, all that kind of stuff.  THEN there is always time to take a look at the clouds.  Today was a pretty good day for clouds.  It seems like we have had total cloud cover for several days, but today was 'partly cloudy' and the sun came through for a good part of the day.  It is still humid, but it was a beautiful day.  They say there is a chance for more rain on Wednesday and Thursday, 20% chance, but as I recall, we only had a 10% chance the last couple days, and we got close to an inch and three quarters.Back to the clouds...clouds are good, and remember, a good cloud weighs a lot of elephants!

This is the promised photo of my number two chicken.  She is (and at times is not) pretty happy to be scooped up and petted.  She is not as good about it as Vera is, but I think she will get there.  I have not decided what to call her, but it will come to me one of these days.  In this photo, one of us needs a shave and one of us (or maybe both of us) needs a haircut. 

Tonight will be an interesting chicken night.  Six of the girls (the intermediates) will be put in the big coop for the first time and will no longer have access to their little coop.  I don't know who will be the most traumatized, the intermediates or me.  That means six trips from coop to coop, and eventually the girls that are caught last should catch on to what is happening.  I expect it will take me ten or fifteen minutes to complete that task, and we will see if they all survive the trauma tomorrow morning.  I do not expect anything spectacular to happen, certainly nothing dire.

Other than cutting some more grass tomorrow, I really have very few plans for the day.  I hope all goes accordingly, I am kind of interested in trying out the hammock that has been ignored for about the last eight years.  It could happen...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment