Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2014 - Day 245-1250 - Tuesday...

When I moved to Austin in 1985 we were experiencing a boom in growth.  I have lived through a couple of them.  Never forget for every peak there is a valley, and vice-versa.  I have looked at this scene a couple times and wanted to photograph it.  From my position on the South First Street Bridge, you can see (as I recall) nine construction cranes.  Without going to extremes and reading the directions on my telephone camera, I think this single photo captured seven of them.  We are indeed enjoying all things growth, and all the challenges that accompanies that growth.  We certainly need to upgrade our infrastructures, but we are too far behind the curve for any gratifying, near-term improvement.  I think it will be a (probable) twenty-year program, and at least that many BILLIONS of DOLLARS to go along with it, probably more.

Rain to the left of me, rain to the right, and we got a trace.  But it is at least a trace.  Maybe there will be more to come.  So far, Austin has had no measurable precipitation today and the temperature in Austin was only 98 degrees.  Yesterday it was 101 degrees.  It is supposed to be trending cooler, but I will not really look for it to happen until the second week in October.  There is a disturbance in the Gulf, but it looks like it will track south of us, into Mexico.

If I make it past tomorrow, I will be okay!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BILLION$, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment