Monday, September 1, 2014

2014 - Day 244/121 - Labor Day!!!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their respective days, it has been very nice here at the edge of nowhere and beyond!  Here is the evidence that I changed the flags (yesterday), in time for the Holiday.

I did not stay in bed as long as I had intended this morning,  It is trash collection day, and it seems these folks do not observe Holidays.  I wanted to take the can out to the road, but I do not like leaving the can on the road overnight for a couple reasons: 1).  Rednecks.  A can on the side of the road is fair game out here.  Something fun to crash into without doing too much damage to the vehicles.  2).  Coyotes.  Kitchen garbage (even though we should compost, we gave up on that years ago) is very attractive to wild animals, and some not so wild.  It is just more practical not to put a trash can on the road overnight.  3).  Wind.  There is (and was last night) pretty good winds out here on the edge of nowhere.  Rumor is (choose your season) there is nothing between here and a Hurricane but a wire fence, and it's down.  You can change this one up to suit your needs.  D).  I don't have a D, but if you think of one, feel free to let me know.

Where was I?  Oh yes, I did not stay in bed as long as I had intended, and by the time Jody got up I had already read the paper and consumed three cups of coffee.  After breakfast, I washed the car (still have not vacuumed it yet, but there is still time), and after that we took the Boy Dog for a ride.  On the way home from the Boy Dog ride, I asked Jody if he wanted to take a ride, so we drove up to Waco and back just for the heck of it.  We took 95 up to Temple (which was much better than I-35) and from there to Waco and back to Salado it was practice for tomorrow going back to work.  Lots and lots of traffic on I-35.  By the way, from here on out I will refer to it as I-35 and not the actually correct reference to IH-35.  It is just easier and does not lend itself to repeated questioning. 

On the way back we stopped in Salado at Cowboy's Bar-B-Cue and loaded up on enough food for a couple dinners.  The real purpose of stopping was to get something with bones in it for the Boy Dog, and so far he has not complained.  Good choice.

My friend Chris also came out this afternoon to help me get the weather station I got Jody for our Anniversary working.  No can do, Kimosabe.  It No Worky!  I will file complaints tomorrow with the proper authorities.  In a weird way it makes me feel better that I actually CAN read and follow directions, but that is actually of little consequence.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, JOY RIDES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment