Wednesday, September 10, 2014

2014 - Day 253/112 - Wednesday...

I have been told by experts in their field of study, that my "resting" face is "sad".  This photo was taken shortly after I arrived in my office this morning after my most difficult commute in the (almost) six years that Jody and I have lived on the edge of nowhere.  I left the house this morning at 6:05AM to attend a 7:30AM breakfast meeting.  Along the way, I exhibited the five stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, depression and finally acceptance (although in my mind I simply conceded defeat).  All the people around me were particularly well-mannered, which left only me to question the meaning of life on I-35 and what had I done to deserve this.  Finally it hit me, and I reminded myself that I am the luckiest man in the world.  I was having a much better day that the unfortunate folks that had been involved in the (multiple) automobile accidents, and I was certainly luckier than the soul that lost his/her life that completely closed down the Interstate headed south.  So, please take a lesson from me, the spoiled guy in the car next to you.  Take in a cleansing breath, hold it for four seconds, and exhale.  Inhale pink, exhale blue.  If you do that enough, you will start to hyperventilate and forget about traffic altogether!

Works for me!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHILL DUDES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment