Wednesday, September 3, 2014

2014 - Day 246/119 - Wednesday...

So, another hot day in Austin, no rain, no let up.  The disturbance in the Gulf (not sure if it ever made Hurricane status) went too far south of us to make any appreciable difference, but parts of the Hill Country benefited.  Please enjoy this photo of one of the blooms on our passion vines.  You are welcome!

Here is my editorial comment for the evening.  I have never EVER considered myself a hero, but on the other hand, I do not really consider myself a coward, either.  I have (for the most part) always taken responsibilities for my actions, and even confessed to things that did not need to be confessed, just so I could get the punishment phase over with, and I could go on with my OCD/ADD life.  I have often stated that I felt responsible for the conflict in Korea, even though I was not even born when that conflict started.  Before you go reading something into this that is not, I am talking about terrorists.  Anonymity is not something that should be confused with bravery.  I am not going to single out any of the particular groups of terrorists that are capturing the headlines these days, and there is no shortage to be sure.  If terrorists are so confidant that their cause is a just and honorable one, why are they not proud enough of that to show themselves.  Is it something similar to being an agnostic?  Just want to cover the bases all around, just in case?  Not sure, but maybe if we put an embargo on the export of cheap black fabric, it would go a long way towards something (not sure what).

Bottom line, IMHO, there are many places in the world that will never enjoy peace.  There are places that have endured hatred and war and worse for centuries, and it will (most likely) go one long after I am gone.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PASSION FLOWERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment