Sunday, September 14, 2014

2014 - Day 257/108 - Sunday...

Well now, if this isn't the cats' meow...It seems that the cat (Barney) and the chickens are existing without too much conflict.  I have not decided if I totally trust the cat though, which means I do not really trust the cat at this time.  I have seen the cat stalk squirrels (Earl or one of his spawn) but so far I have not seen her stalking the chickens.  I did a roll call last night, and all the girls were accounted for, so that is good.  I am actually surprised about that, it seems like we are do for a chicken casualty. 

Miguel came out today and managed to get a lot of work done around the house, lots of things that I have been putting off.  But, all is in good shape right now.  I think Violet is pregnant and about to drop a calf.  She has a big bag and teats are waxy, a sure sign if there ever was one.  I will keep you informed.  The last time she had a calf it was stillborn, so I hope that does not happen again.  All the cattle look good, not skinny, and we did (overall) get a quarter-inch of rain over the last three days.  I hope that will help the grasses in the fields so we can get another cutting before the end of the season.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COOLNESS, Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment