Saturday, September 27, 2014

2014 - Day 270/95 - Saturday...

All things considered, it was not a half-bad day.  I did get a couple things done around the house, which included taking a couple bales of hay out to the cattle.  They are not any worse for wear, and they paid attention to the hay bales for a little while, and then it was back to grazing on the green stuff for them.  Orchid and her new calf (Stormy) seem to be doing well.  They (all the cattle) were just lounging around when I took the hay out to them and took this photo.  Very maternal of Orchid if I do say so myself.

And we waited ALL DAY for the satellite upgrade installation folks (whose name I have vowed not to speak for fear of shaming myself again for being critical).  The appointment had a four hour window, sometime between Noon and 4p.m.  We received several automated telephone calls throughout the day confirming that we were on the list, but just in case we needed to cancel, please press 1.  We got a call (from a real person) at 2:55p.m. saying he would be here in about thirty minutes.  He actually did arrive shortly before 4p.m. and about ten minutes later we got another automated call saying they apologized for not making our scheduled appointment, and would we like to set another day and time for the installation.  But the guy was in the attic...should I go up there and tell him he couldn't make it and he needed to reschedule?  I was very confused.

But, as it all worked out, we are done with service and installation appointments for the foreseeable future (I hope).

Deeds, Actions, Changes, APPOINTMENTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment