Friday, September 26, 2014

2014 - Day 269/96 - Friday...

We had our monthly office meeting this afternoon, and we ordered in from Mama Fu's, which I have to admit was better than the ONLY ONE time that Jody and I had visited one of their outlets in Georgetown.  It was pretty good, and we all read our fortunes and laughed and laughed and laughed.  Of course, we also all added inappropriate comments to the end of all the fortunes, so that made it more fun and probably liable as defendants of one kind of lawsuit or another.

As you may be aware (if you also follow my mis-adventures on Facebook) our satellite signal chose to become inoperable last night.  I will not name the satellite system here, but the initials are DirecTV.  They were somewhat overwhelmed (both last night and this morning) that they were dealing with someone who could actually use (and understand) words that contained more than three letters.  Basically, last night I spoke with repair people, and made an appointment for a repair person to visit us today between the hours of Noon and 4PM.  This morning I called them back inquiring as to whether (as long as they were here) upgrade the system that has been here for the last six years.  No, as a matter of fact they could not do that.  If I wanted to upgrade the components, I would need to cancel the repair request and then submit a new request for installation of the new stuff, and then another request for a repair.  These, the people who say you can record five programs at once, but you cannot get a repair and upgrade service at the same time.  Oh, and you have to pay two service call fees as well.

I will save you all the pain and agony.  The repair was indeed made this afternoon, the guy who made the repair had all the stuff in his truck to upgrade the equipment, but he could not get permission to do it.  I cannot wait until they send me a customer service survey.  Oh yeah, I am not paying for any service charges and I got a (small) service credit for not having service.  I think it was actually a bribe to get me off the phone. 

I actually recommend that, if you have a bad day, just give DirecTV a call and unload on them.  They are like sitting ducks.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, READ A BOOK?, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment