Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2014 - Day 273/92 - Tuesday...

Okay boys and girls, the world as he knew it is (for the near term at least) still revolving and things just may work out alright.  As you know from yesterdays journal entry, I received my new iPhone via UPS/FedEx (is there any difference?) yesterday.  I had a lengthy meeting scheduled today, and decided to go to the Apple Store to have it activated.  I also needed to buy (consumer, consumer, consumer) some accessories (since I am going from a 4S to a 6Plus), and of course none of the 35 charging cables and things I have a now are compatible.  ANYWAY, I made it to the Apple Store, and there were some challenges with the pone that I was sent from AT&T.  Thankfully, Andrew Genius (that's what his name tag said, and I think that is a Turkish name) was very tolerant and patient, and after six separate telephone calls to AT&T support, I walked out of there with an operable phone.  It will be downloading my old phone info from the cloud for about the next 36 hours, but I can deal with most of that.  The only thing I am certain is not transferred is the (close to) 4,000 photos that are on my iPhone.  Whatever.

Almost done.  When I took the new phone out of the box yesterday, I thought it was almost embarrassingly HUGE, and I continued to feel that way up until the time that I discovered that it actually fit (comfortably) into the pockets that I have been accustomed to carrying the phone in, so I am good with that.  If it works well, I will be happy as a clam, and that is not easy.  Oh, and I just saw a commercial on television, that refers to the iPhone 6Plus as "Bigger than Bigger".  Th
at pretty much sums it all up!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEW PHONE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment