Sunday, August 31, 2014

2014 - Day 243/122 - Sunday...

Well, I had not realized it until I was closing out the months OCD/Anal Retentive tracking sheets, but we did not receive any measurable rain for the entire month of August here at the farm, on the edge of nowhere.  NONE!  I did, however, receive 6,035 spam e-mails (a total of 55,540 for the year) and we collected 230 eggs (a slow month, it has been really hot), which makes a total of 2,600 for the year.  I know haw many dozen that makes, but I should not have to do ALL the work here.  NO RAIN, I am still surprised that I did not put it all together until just now.

The second day of a three day weekend, and I did a little bit more today than I did yesterday, but I did not exert myself.  Mostly small things accomplished.  But overall, it was a good day.  I have seen a couple Monarchs over the last couple weeks, and we should start to see more and more of them in the following weeks.  I at first thought this might be a moth, but Jody said he thinks it is a Monarch.  What is your opinion?

I have not seen Barney Sue Jean the cat in several days, although Jody has reported several sightings.  As I was sitting here typing this journal entry, she moseyed onto the porch and decided to take up residence in what is becoming more and more of one of her favorite places under the table.  Not a chicken within 50 yards!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, and stay safe.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NO RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment