Friday, August 29, 2014

2014 - Day 241/124 - Friday...

As a rule, things just become easier if you just surrender to the inevitable.  I realized today that it is impossible for me to be on time for appointments given the illogical and unreasonable conditions presented by Austin traffic.   I can, however, be really early or really late for appointments.  I had an appointment this morning at 8:30 AM.  I left the house before 6:30 to compensate for possible traffic concerns, and even though there was a wreck on southbound IH-35 (my side in the mornings) I got to the appointment early.  Before 8.  And if you are keeping up, that makes it three for three since UT began classes this past Wednesday (two days ago).  It has always made for good conversation in my world, ever since I moved here, that UT begins classes on a Wednesday, has classes for three days and then has a Labor Day break.  Perhaps it is to give the incoming frosh class an extra day to get over the inevitable "bad feelings" from the first game antics.  Not sure.

Now, in order to be completely unbiased in reporting in this particular journal entry (and don't get too used to it), I am giving fair and equal access to clouds.  As I mentioned in the paragraph above, I went to an early meeting in East Austin.  Dry as a bone.  When I crossed back under IH-35 to the west side, it had rained, and there were puddles everywhere.  Crazy.  Jody reports that we had a trace of rain today at the farm (about 50 miles north of Austin) on the edge of nowhere.  There were promising clouds all around, even by Texas standards.  But no significant precipitation was reported anywhere in the area.  We still have some slim chances for the next couple days.

I am looking forward to the long Labor Day weekend.  I am planning as little labor as possible, interrupted by several strategically timed naps.

Enjoy yourselves this weekend, and be safe!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EQUALITY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment