Wednesday, August 27, 2014

2014 - Day 239/126 - Wednesday...

Well, I have a variety of photos that I could share with you today, here are the choices.  A).  The back end of a school bus.  B).  The sunrise from the side view mirror of my car.  C).  A photo of the wreck I encountered on the way to Austin.  4).  The nurse at my doctors office taking a blood draw this morning during my semi-annual check up.  I personally am thinking number 4 is the most crowd-pleasing of the choices, but I am going to go with C, for reasons you will understand shortly.

Traffic reared its ugly head this morning.  I was lulled into a false sense of security with traffic congestion being somewhat "normal" the last two days.  School had begun again on Monday, but it was only this morning that I realized the real school (UT) first day of class was today.  First there was the school bus (I actually like school bus photos when I am behind them, stopped, and all their flashers are going.  If it is raining and I get one of my good Monet-esque photos, I like those even better.  This morning I was in front of one, behind one, and never was stopped.  A harbinger of good things to come I thought.  Then, as I headed towards IH-35, there was a lovely red fire ball rising like a phoenix behind me, and I got a couple reasonable photos from the side-view mirror in the car.  Then I got onto IH-35 and about 15 miles into it (according to reports) there was a LARGE wreck on the northbound side (fortunately I was heading south, another lucky circumstance I reasoned).  But AUCONTRAIRE MON AMI!  Some wizard of traffic control, obviously (maybe, who knows) in the guise of a Round Rock law enforcement genius, decided to park his vehicle IN THE INSIDE LANE which would afford him the opportunity to shimmy over the concrete barrier to offer his assistance at the scene of the wreck.  You cannot imagine the challenges this caused southbound traffic, for no real reason that I could determine.  But, unlike Paul Harvey, I do not know the rest of the story.


Which leads me to mention that the above episode (and a couple others) made me twenty minutes late for my appointment.  Honestly, the photo of the needle sticking in my arm is much more interesting, and would most likely elicit many more comments, but I did not think I could fill an entire journal entry talking about that.  We could discuss my elevated blood pressure if you like.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, IRRATIONAL DELAYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment