Friday, August 8, 2014

2014 - Day 220/145 - Friday...

Attention K-Mart Shoppers:  Jim Bradley, Jennifer Aniston and Hugh Jackman will not be mentioned in this journal entry.  Sorry...

Just in case you are one of my legions of journal followers, you should know we have finally entered into the summer season.  It is no longer possible to wear a starched shirt more than once without a laundering.  Carpets are fading, chickens are panting, eggs are frying on sidewalks.  The 'full-sun' plants are questioning the reason for living.  Cats are barking and fish got lips.  Wasps have decided it is to much trouble to sting (but the fire ants have not called it quits).  There is still a breeze and the flags are flying, but the breeze is from the Southwest, so that is hardly worth having.  If you would like to take a sponge bath, just get naked and take your sponge out with you from here to the chicken coop.  HOWEVER, I am pleased to report that this is only (about) the fifth day of triple digit temperatures this year.  Unlike a couple years ago when we went three full months with temperatures at 100 or more.  We will happily take the cards we are dealt and go on with our days.

So, everything went off without a hitch today, for the most part...all the pieces fell into place, all the dominoes lined up, I gained a couple hours with one appointment being rescheduled.  Everything went according to some higher plan.  Here is the deal: On last Saturday I worked on behalf of a Seller client and got a property under contract at about 8 o'clock that night.  The transaction closed and funded today.  SIX DAYS!  I have NEVER had a transaction go under contract and close in six days.  We were not even out of the option period for criminy sakes.  But, I am not complaining.  If you believe that I am complaining, I suggest you thumb back through a couple years worth of these journals and see how many times I have told you that I am the luckiest man in the world.  Just one more piece of documentable proof that it is true.  I AM THE LUCKIEST MAN IN THE WORLD!

You're welcome.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, IT'S HOT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment