Monday, August 11, 2014

2014 - Day 223/142 - Monday...

It seems that Barney the Cat is getting more and more comfortable.  Last night as I was going out to put the girls to bed, she was in the front yard, and when she saw me she hunkered down but did not run off.  I spoke to her as I was walking out to the chicken coop, and when I was walking back I explained to her that we were happy to have her here, but that she should not mess with the chickens.  We would be very happy to continue feeding her but she was not to feed on chickens.  Mice and rats, okay, but not the chickens.  She listened attentively and again made no attempts to flee.  Tonight as we were having dinner, she walked across the pool deck over to the gazebo and disappeared.  Later on, after we finished dinner, Jody reported she was on the walkway cover from the gazebo to the deck off the back door.  I took several pictures trying to get a good one, and finally resorted to tapping lightly on the door glass to get her attention.  She saw me, we waved and she (again) made no attempts to move and was quite content up there with the swallows buzzing around her.  Kind of a cat fantasy!

For a Monday, this was not a terrible day at all.  I did not sleep particularly comfortably last night, and I intend to make up for it tonight.  I was in the office earl and did some power real estate, then I had some errands to run and then I headed off to the Board to guide colleagues through a couple classes.  I always enjoy that, and I hope to do more guiding next year.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BARNEY, Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment