Wednesday, March 4, 2015

2015 - Day 63/032 - Wednesday...

The weather forecast says it will get down to 28 degrees overnight, and there is a good chance there will be some freezing precipitation in the area.  School Districts within a 500 mile radius of Austin have already announced they will e closed tomorrow, and there is not a loaf of bread or donut to be had in an HEB.  There is a chance of 1/10" of an inch of snow in the hill country, and people are already slapping their children out of fear that they will be house bound until noon tomorrow.  We have not seen a ray of sunshine in the last six weeks, and I am thinking of volunteering for the one-way Mars mission.  It cannot be any worse than what we are experiencing, and the forecast for the next twelve hours make a forty-five year trip to points unknown looks pretty inviting.  At least there would be stars.

We were down to our last vestiges of firewood for the stove, so on the way home this afternoon I stopped at one of the road-side fire sellers and bargained; $50 for $60 worth of firewood.  That was supposed to (at $1 per piece) give me 60 pieces of wood, which should get me through the rest of this week, when I can get over to my usual fire wood place.  I got cheated out of two pieces of fire wood.  What in the hell is happening in this world?  That will teach me for trying to negotiate.  On the other hand, perhaps the moral to the story is, don't try to negotiate with people that cannot count.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FIRE WOOD, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment