Monday, March 30, 2015

2015 - Day 89/276 - Monday...

Well, I have to admit that today ended differently that I would have expected.

First off, I made it into the office this morning, and got lots of work done.  There I was, minding my own business, and almost tripped over this cute little child who had (to the best of my knowledge) been abandoned in the hallway adjacent to our front desk.  Upon further observation, it appeared that the child in question was indeed being paid some attention to by a young lady that was in the conference room filling out an application.  I do not know for sure which one of us (me or the child) was more startled.  All my cooing and billing ultimately resulted in nothing more that a crying child.  I have that affect on some people.

Joe and Carolyn (our friends from Mississippi) are visiting for a week to help us celebrate Jody's birthday, and that was exciting to see them when I got home.  I had also received a call earlier in the day that Keith (a real live cowboy) was going to come out and move some cattle.  I had intended to keep five head (which would mean they would haul off five head), and it was really interesting to see them work the cattle on their horses. 

Things did not really go as planned (although I knew pretty much the demeanor of my cattle).  Things looked at first like they would be going well, but ultimately there was a lot of drama, and one of the steers (Domino) decided he would take the opportunity to do bodily harm to one of the bulls that was being taken to the auction barn.

Lots of drama, and I think Domino will be the next to go. 

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BABIES and DRAMA, Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment