Tuesday, March 31, 2015

2015 - Day 90/275 - Tuesday...

So...today was an interesting day to say the least.  I will give you bits and pieces of the more interesting parts.  It started with a fire in a warehouse on one of the roads I take into the office every morning.  I could see the flashing lights and all the commotion from the house, but there is a challenge with distance out here on the edge of nowhere.  It turns out this warehouse that was used to store FIREWORKS had caught fire, and when I took this photo the explosives were still going off.  When I came home this afternoon, the HAZ-MAT folks were still there, and the building was still smoldering.

There was a bit more daytime drama with the cattle this afternoon.  The cowboys came back to get Domino late this morning, and before it was all over, he had destroyed more of the truck, ripped all the lights off the trailer, destroyed the gates on the trailer so they could not be secured, gored one the horses and the horse required 150 stitches.  If you want to see what requires 150 stitches on the back end of a horse, let me know and I will send you a couple photos.  Needless to say, I expect by this time (or soon) that Domino the steer is no more.  It is probably a good thing; looking back in time, he had been getting more and more aggressive ever since Mr. Speckles drowned.  I am glad the cowboys were here and brought that behavior out so it could be dealt with, instead of me being surprised one afternoon when I was taking a walk in the pastures.  So, that leaves us with four head of cattle, and the back pastures already look more idyllic.

It was an eventful day, and that is not even all of it, just parts of it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRAY CRAY CRAP!, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment