Sunday, March 15, 2015

2015 - Day 74/291 - Sunday...

I got a lot of crap done at the farm today, but the one thing I wanted to do did not get done.  I went and got a new battery for the lawn tractor and got it started, but the blades will not engage now, so I am still stuck in the tall grass.  I still cannot get the walk-behind mower to start either, so I am just gonna call it a day on the grass cutting.  I did manage to get the chicken coop cleaned out, got two bales of hay taken out to the cattle, went and surveyed the continuing decomposition of Mr. Speckles.  There were seven vultures playing pinochle out there on the carcass this morning when I went back there.  I also managed to get the tractor stuck, unstuck and almost stuck again before I finally decided I was done with the tractor in the wet clay.

I also cleaned my bike, vacuumed both cards, broke down a bunch of boxes and generally did a little more this and that.  I have some seeds to plant tomorrow night before the rains begin again on Tuesday.  The rain will help out tremendously, but the mud tends to get things kind of 'mucked up'.  But, this too shall pass and we will be asking for more rain before you know it.  One good thing about the rain that is supposed to start on Tuesday, it looks like it might bring some rain to the hill country where we hope it will send some water into the lakes.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TALL GRASS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment