Tuesday, May 5, 2015

2015 - Day 125/240 - Tuesday...

I don't know exactly where the Vera Chicken was when I was outside looking for a journal photo op, but she is okay, because I just saw her screaming across the open lawn headed towards the bamboo preserve. When we moved to this property about six years ago, there was a nice stand of bamboo between the house and the road. When we got the chickens, it worked out well because the girls could get into the bamboo and be protected from prey of all sorts. During the EXTREME drought years, the bamboo died out, and a couple years ago I supplemented the bamboo with more and was very careful to water it. There was help from the better rains, and this year the bamboo has gone CRAY-CRAY. I know all the terrible stuff about bamboo, and I will work to control it (maybe next year or the year after), but for now, it is a good, safe place for the girls.

Today was a day of office work, and it is incredible to me that I got a good number of things marked off my 'to done' list. Things I have been putting off and stressing over are now complete, so I have a whole new list of things to stress over.

Tomorrow will be a full day of meetings, then on Thursday we are going to try out a new eatery and have our office meeting. Shake Shack, here we come. It just opened today, so we will give them one more day to get their shakes together, and we will be there!

Another day of '
it looks like rain', but still none.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BAMBOO, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment