Friday, May 22, 2015

2015 - Day 142/223 - Friday...

If I were to post a photo that represented today, it would be just a pallet of grey (or gray, I never know for sure which spelling is correct). So instead, I went through some photos in my camera to find one that had not been previously posted, and this is the one I chose. This was outside the office of Senator John Carter last week when we were in DC. There is a REALTOR® saying that is sometimes associated with kind words such as these (most frequently included with the phrase "welcome to Austin"), but I won't elaborate in this public facing journal. Just know that we want to extend kind words of welcome to everyone.

We have had measurable rain for 16 of the last 17 days. On the one day that provided no measurable rain accumulations, we did record a trace. A trace is anything from a drop on your arm or windshield, to a quick precipitation event that is better left unnoticed. BUT, you have to either ACTUALLY feel it or see it to count it as a trace. If Jody or I report a trace, you can be assured that there was indeed a trace. We have recorded 8.21" of rain so far in the past 17 days, and the floodgates are predicted to open over the weekend. Lots more rain predicted for us in the next several days, flood warnings are already in effect. It is not unusual for the central Texas to experience heavy rains and flooding over the Memorial Day Weekend, in fact, it is kind of expected.

I will let you know how it works out, right now I have to go watch Shark Tank.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ACCUMULATIONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment