Tuesday, May 19, 2015

2015 - Day 139/226 - Tuesday...

These bus drivers out in the country (about 8 miles from the edge of nowhere) do not take the safety of their charges lightly. Either that, or they tied one on last night and they are just trying to keep it between the ditches. I have been lucky not to get behind too many buses this year (so far) but I really don't mind it when I do. I gives me just another chance to remember how lucky I am, and to stop and take a look around. When I looked around this morning, I noticed one of the head stones at one of the Lutherans cemeteries (you can see evidence of the cemetery on the right said of the picture) had been knocked over. It is a pretty darned sizable headstone (obviously one of the founding fathers of Walburg) and I cannot believe that it was done by the winds lately. I also cannot comprehend that there would be vandals out here (close to the edge of nowhere) that would knock over a headstone. I could believe that they would run over it with their pickup truck, but not just a random act of destruction. I guess I am too naive for my own good. Anyway, I hope it was not just a bunch of motorcycle gangs mistaking the place for Waco.

But I digress...

I had an appointment at a dermatologist today. I do not think I have ever been to a dermatologist in my life. A couple prescriptions, a cortisone shot in my right butt cheek (there is a picture for you), some scraping, some freezing and some microscoping later and my suspicions were confirmed: I am old.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUSES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment