Saturday, May 23, 2015

2015 - Day 143/22 - Saturday...

...And, it is raining! I am not sure that was a good use of an exclamation point however. This makes 18 out of the last 19 days that we have received measurable rainfall. I am pretty sure we are going to go at least for 20 out of 21. We are under a tornado watch and a flash flood watch now, and we just hope we do not need to put the storm shelter to use. During a respite from the rain earlier this afternoon, I took this picture of some of the lilies blooming in the back along one of the paths. Lilies, roses, metal sculpture and storm clouds. Interesting.

I went into Austin and showed some houses this morning, into the early afternoon. I got home and Jody and I went into Georgetown for lunch, and finished our meal just as the heavens opened. Logistically we performed a couple bars of Swan River getting into the car and dodging rain drops. It rained pretty heavily, but the closer we got to the edge of nowhere, the less it was raining. So far we have a little over a quarter of an inch in the gauge for today, but as I noted in the paragraph immediately preceding this one, it is still raining.

I may never cut the grass again. I am pretty sure there are a variety of lawn and grass cutting machines out there somewhere, but the grass is too tall to go and determine their exact location.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment