Sunday, May 17, 2015

2015 - Day 137/228 - Sunday...

For those of you that are following this, last Thursday marked a month since Maddy filled the hole in our hearts that was left when the Boy Dog died. She seems to have blended in nicely; she has trained Jody how to take her for rides in the truck, how to claim the couch in the living room as her own, and how to make Jody think that crawling under the covers with him was his idea in the first place. I am sure there are other tricks she has taught us to do, but I will save those for now and try to keep you posted as I learn of them.

We only got about 0.38" of rain last night, and we have recorded 0.37" to be reported (so far) tomorrow. That makes a total of 6.43" for the month, and there is still rain predicted for every day in the seven day forecast. All together, May (which is allegedly the wettest month in central Texas) will turn out to be a good rain month. They are also predicting that the El Nino pattern could extend through the winter and into next year. We shall see. No real reports on how much the lakes have risen as a result of the recent precipitation, but every little bit helps.

I did as much of nothing as I could possibly do today. Of course, it did rain for some of the day. Then it was too wet to do anything of consequence in the yard. And then there was a well-deserved nap that needed to be taken. I did manage to put on pants so I could accompany Jody and Maddy on a ride, but that was really about the extent of my productivity.

Tomorrow will mean a return to work, and I am looking forward to the rest.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MADDY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment