Saturday, November 7, 2015

2015 - Day 311/54 - Saturday...

Overnight we had 0.23" of rain, and since I emptied the gauge this morning, we have had another 0.96" of rain, so we are doing pretty well for the month so far. Supposed to be dry tomorrow, but rain again on Wednesday. We need to be more careful about what we ask for. The newspaper feedback section the other day said El Nino was here but now he has transformed into El Adulto!

I apologize to you in advance for this boring journal post. I have spent a really good part of my Saturday ignoring my overwhelming urges to take a nap, and instead, I spent most of the day working on some distance education courses online. It should be noted that most learners take these courses because of the convenience of taking the required number of hours when it is convenient for them. And if it is convenient for them, then it is most likely convenient for a BUNCH of people from here to Timbuktu! And the distance learning provider should have the bandwidth to accommodate all those learners. I was unable to go forward with the instruction for about five hours today. The most annoying part of it was that I was knocked off three times following an audio portion of the class. I had to listen to that incessant babbling of the instructor (probably a very nice guy) three different times, repeating the same stuff over and over and over. It was not that great the first time, but the third time was no charm in this case.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DISTANCE CRAP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment