Monday, February 1, 2016

2016 - Day 32/ 334 - Monday...

To the untrained eye, this photo of Vera looks like nothing at all was amiss in the yard this afternoon. In fact, even to my eye, it looked like Vera was just wanting a little bit of attention, which I gave her. But underneath those ginger feathers, and look closely into those beady little eyes of hers, and you can see that all is not well in the coop, and the pecking order is in full swing. I knew the other day (Saturday I think) that one of the girls was hurt...I thought it was a leg issue, but it turns out there is a problem with one of her wings, and all the other chickens have decided to set her afloat on a sheet of ice and that will be the end of it. Jody said they were all ganging up on her and that he feared they would kill her. Jody came between the hurt girl and the rest of them and gave her an avenue to escape. When I got home from work, I checked out the coop and saw her in one of the nests, but did not realize she was the outcast. Jody came out with another box while I was still out there, and that particular girl is segregated in her own private little box with some water and food. When last seen, she was happily pecking away at her dish of food. We shall see what the new day brings.

If I had paid better attention to my post yesterday, I would have realized that all my copying-and-pasting did not work, and all that was actually published was a picture of Earl (or possibly Earline) the squirrel in his/her next in the engine compartment of the truck. All the words were about the gestation periods of a variety of squirrels, and the fact that I assumed the truck would not be going anywhere until about the middle of March. The words were really interesting and informative, sorry you missed them.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PECKINGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment