Thursday, February 18, 2016

2016 - Day 49/317 - Thursday...

I am publishing this entry early today, since I want to make sure the satellite connection works. We are still in port, but will be leaving in an hour or so.

We arrive in Nassau sometime early this morning. I was lazy, and that was good. Did a late breakfast, avoided the rush to get off the boat. You might recall that I watched a James Bond movie the other night, kind of like a drive-in movie thing on the ship. Nassau (at least the little bitty bit of it that I saw) kind of reminds me of the opening credits in that movie. It is loud, crazy, crowded. There was a cacophony of smells, sounds, and visual stimulation. Over the past two days, I have been referred to as 'honey' and 'sweetie' more times than I can remember, and yet not once did I reply that 'I am not your honey', which was probably a good thing because I was out-numbered by a generous amount. I did not leave the tourist shopping district, although I was tempted to take a carriage ride, but I chose to go back to the ship and get some work done.

I was able to get a little bit caught up, and got some things done in anticipation of getting back to Austin later this week. Two days of cruising on the horizon, and I am looking forward to being home.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TOURISTING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment