Thursday, February 11, 2016

2016 - Day 42/324 - Thursday...

I don't know that I ever gave much thought to flags before I moved to Texas. I did not know a lot of the symbolism of the American flags as a school kid, and I am not sure I know when I learned it. I have lived in five states (not an overachiever for sure when compared to other folks), but it is a comfortable number. Michigan has a nice flag, but it's got animals on it, and (as I recall) not easy for school kids to replicate. Tennessee is kind of interesting, I don't really remember much about Mississippi and Louisiana. I think Louisiana has a pelican on it. BUT, I am very happy to have lived in the Lone Star State for the l;last (almost) 31 years. I can imagine growing up as a kid in Texas and drawing the flag on a piece of construction paper. It would be pretty easy to do, even for a first grader. I do have a flag fetish...just sayin'.

Finished my second day of guiding a great bunch of colleagues through a GRI class today. Good stuff, good information shared both ways. I always think it is a success if I learn something from the class, and I honestly think everyone took a couple points away that will help them become more successful in their careers.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FLAGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment