Sunday, February 28, 2016

2016 - Day 59/307 - Sunday...

As I was cutting the grass earlier this morning (and it continued while I was cleaning the chicken coop, feeding the chickens, etc.), I discovered that I was trying to make sense out of a property around the house that makes no sense at all when you are trying to cut the grass. I was trying to get the area to be cut into neat little squares and/or triangles. Believe me, between the front and the back, there are plenty of curves and spaces that cannot be easily categorized, but that was exactly what I was trying to do. That led me to wonder exactly when my CDO-ness began. I can remember when we lived on Balsam Street (in Southgate) that I would spend hours tidying the kitchen drawers, and then stressing over how to spell the word 'drawers', so I could leave my mother a note explaining to her what I had just spent the last several hours doing. I know now how to spell the word. We lived in that house from about 1957 until 1961, so that made me somewhere between the ages of 5 and 9 years old, I would say it this particular memory was closer to the lesser end of that particular age scale. Then when we moved to Kennebec Street (in Riverview) I can remember cutting the grass and taking a knife from the kitchen flatware and edging the sidewalks with a regular kitchen table knife. We did not have such things as edgers back then, but I knew that I wanted the yard and all to look extra nice for my dad when he got home from work. I would spend hours edging the grass, and it was not unusual for me to cut it two or three times in a day. When we moved to the house in Riverview, I can also remember a conversation my dad had about having the sod laid. Should it be laid even with the level of the sidewalk or below the level of the sidewalk? This would all be very important in the edging of the grass when the grass was cut. Maybe my dad was the one that got me started in the obsessing department, but until today, I never thought of him that way.

Otherwise, I think I am perfectly well adjusted. Excuse me just a moment, while I adjust that.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CDO, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment