Wednesday, February 24, 2016

2016 - Day 55/311 - Wednesday...

First. World. Problems.

...and there I was, minding my own business...when out of nowhere this other driver (I have been accused multiple times since 5:05 PM today of being a chauvinist and/or a discriminatory entity about the driving skills of the opposite sex), came through traffic and hit the front of my car. I was in the left turn lane, the other driver was making a left turn from the parking lot to my left. Other traffic stopped to let her out, but "the sun was in my eyes and I didn't see you". I remained calm, it was just two cars, no one was hurt all that stuff. The Little Man was somewhat annoyed, however. Made the call to 311, was told what to do and how to do it. Turned out the driver of the other car was not the owner of the car, but she (luckily) had the insurance papers of the owner. I got all the information copied down and that is when I found out something was pushed up onto the passenger side wheel. Drove a couple blocks to the condo (because it was getting lonely in that parking lot, the other driver having left the scene, almost backing in to another car that was driving past), where I waited for about an hour-and-a-half for the tow truck.

I won't mention any specific insurance company names, but I have had insurance with the same major carrier since 1976. I have had one or two claims in that time, but I am sadly disappointed with the service they have shown me so far. I made the initial claim, and was told I needed to call the "claims team" to arrange for a tow truck. Everyone involved from their point of view is part of the revenue stream to lessen their financial liability. Nope, don't want to use their body shops, nope I don't want to use a tow truck that never shows up. They also made arrangements for me to get a rental car from an agency 65 miles away from where I am. That's probably not going to work.

I called my Tesla guy, and they sprang into action. Perfect. They got a tow truck out and to their preferred repair places secured lot for overnight, and they will take it from there.

Called the insurance company back, they switched my rental to a local place, and I have to call them after 7 o'clock in the morning. Life will go on, and I expect the sun will rise in the east, and I will be at the office just as I am supposed to be.

My poor car is sleeping in a strange place tonight.

First. World. Problem.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, F. W. P., Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment